Parliamentary Practice in New Zealand is the definitive work on practice and procedure in the New Zealand House of Representatives.
The fourth edition incorporates a decade of developments since the third edition in 2005, and reflects many significant changes in parliamentary law, practice and procedure, including:
• the Parliamentary Privilege Act 2014
• how the House and its committees conduct legislative and financial scrutiny
• the use of extended sittings by the House
• the increased role of the Business Committee to manage the transaction of parliamentary business
• how the work of the House and its committees is communicated to the public.
This new edition features an attractive design and accessible structure, with extensive indexing and references.