All you need to know to master the art of surfcasting in New Zealand. Getting a fish on your line is a thrilling experience so give yourself more than a fighting chance with this accessible guide to surfcasting in New Zealand. Even if you already have surfcasting skills and experience under your belt, you will find this book useful for taking your fishing to new levels.
Author Andy Macleod shares his vast knowledge of the country’s inshore fishery and covers all the essentials, including tips and information on:
- types of bait and which to use for specific species
- best time of day to fish
- the main species caught around the New Zealand coastline
- which fish are commonly caught in each region of the country
- some crafty tricks on how to catch fish as you are learning
- advice on rods and reels and other useful equipment
- dealing with variable climate conditions and locations
No matter where you live in New Zealand, if you are interested in surfcasting then this book is for you. Andy has fished right around our coastline and has included a guide to the fishing opportunities in all regions north and south of Cook Strait.