Land-based fishing in remote, difficult-to-access parts of New Zealand is challenging but, back in his student days, it got Andy Macleod hooked and he hasn’t looked back since. He and his fishing mates travel to places as far from civilisation as they can get in pursuit of their target species.
- lively, entertaining and informative — takes you onto the rocks and right into the action
- vividly describes the buzz of landing the big ones and the utter frustration of losing them
- reveals a depth of knowledge of the many varieties of fish in our waters, as well as Andy’s love of the outdoors and the sea
- details on how he plans and prepares for an expedition
- covers much of the New Zealand coastline — from Northland, Great Barrier Island, the Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, East Cape, Hawke’s Bay, Taranaki, Wairarapa, Wellington, Otago and includes the Chatham Islands.
Fishing stories experienced first-hand, challenging all fishers to venture outside their comfort zone and take their fishing skills to new levels.